- Got a lip warmer? a Caterpillar? Pencil? Tom Selleck special? Come show us your soup strainer! Styling aids allowed.
- Can't grow a beard? Make one! Any materials are fair game from pipe cleaners or yarn to cutlery and heavy machinery!
- Partial Beard Separate categories possible pending registration
- Got a beard but no 'stache? Chops/burns but nothing on the chin? Only the chin? Muskateer? Here's your category**
- Business Beard (under 3")
- We're beyond stubble and its well past 5 o'clock; your beard is as sharp and clean as your suit and it's not taking "no" for an answer
- Full Beard under 6”
- For those who loathe putting a razor to their face in any form. **
- Full Beard over 6”
- For those whose hatred of the razor has lasted much longer than their shorter-bearded counterparts. **
- Full Beard Styled Moustache
- For those with a full beard who just can't resist a bit of panache with their swagger. Styling aids allowed
- Your beard is your canvas; sculpt, shape, paint, trim to your heart's content. Creativity is key. Styling aids allowed; points may be deducted for glitter.
- The Sponsored Sprint
- Local breweries and businesses sponsor a single competitor to grow the best facial hair they can from a clean shave on Nov 1 until the closing event on November 30th!
- The About-Face**NEW**
Are you ready to put your beard on the line for charity? This year we are pleased to announce a whole new way to help raise funds: the About-Face! Simply chose your pledge level and start fundraising! Ask your friends, family, and coworkers to contribute! The catch? If you don’t make your goal, you have to shave down to a “penalty” style and compete in our traditional competition. Don’t like your chances in that competition? Simply raise 150% of your goal and your beard comes away unharmed. The real winner is ACS!
How does this work? Here's how we are breaking it down!
Further questions on the categories? We follow The North American Competitive Beard & Moustache Alliance rules for judging events. Follow the link below for more information!
NACBMA Category Rules
** No Styling Aids Allowed